The Early Years in Education Society seeks to emphasise the importance and value of the early years of schooling by:
- Promoting the importance of early childhood philosophy and ethos;
- Supporting sound K-3 philosophy in order to promote appropriate practice;
- Providing professional leadership in early childhood education;
- Providing support networks;
- Providing an avenue for professional discussion of current issues in early childhood education;
- Becoming an advocate for quality early childhood principles and practice;
- Participating actively in other developments and organisations that impact on early childhood education;
- Providing workshops, public seminars, conferences, guest speakers, panels and forums for all interested personnel.
Each year EYES offers an award to each of the Universities in Western Australia to be presented to a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) graduate who demonstrates excellence in teaching. This award recognises and celebrates the achievement of pre-service teachers during their university studies and school teaching practicum experiences.