The Early Years in Education Society (EYES) began in 1984 and represents Early Childhood Educators and allied providers working across all sectors - Department of Education WA (DoE), Catholic Education WA (CEWA), Association of Independent School WA (AISWA), pre-service teachers, tertiary institutions and Early Childhood Education & Care providers.
Objectives and Purpose of the Early Years in Education Society
- To represent and advocate for teachers, education assistants, early childhood educators, school leaders, students and parents on Pre-K – year 3 educational settings in Western Australia.
- To be a cross-sector - Department of Education (DoE), Catholic Education WA (CEWA), Association of Independent Schools WA (AISWA) and Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) - advocate and representative for Early Childhood Educators providing Pre-K – year 3 programs in schools and early childhood education and care settings.
- To promote and support developmentally appropriate pedagogy and practice in Pre-K – year 3 education and care programs in Wesrn Australia. The Society promotes balanced curricula and programs which emphatesise play-based learning as a core element of early childhood programs.
The Society acknowledges relevant Australian and Western Australian endorsed early years pedagogical and curricula documents and policies including but not limited to:
- the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF);
- National Quality Standards (NQS);
- Schools Curriculum Authority of WA (SCSA);
- Kindergarten Curriculum Guidelines (KCG); and
- SCSA Western Australian Curriculum Foundation – Year 3.