The VI Galatis Education Scholarship is a scholarship awarded by the Early Years in Education Society (EYES) to an early childhood educator (K- 3) employed in Western Australia.
The intent of the scholarship is to provide funding to enable or assist an early childhood educator to pursue a particular interest, to acquire new knowledge or skills that they would not be able to access, or achieve without the assistance of the Award. The undertaking must be in support of the EYES philosophy and benefit the education of young children in WA. 2012 is the inaugural year of “THE VI” GALATIS Education Award made possible by the vision of the EYES management committee and supported by Events WA.
Potential applications of the Award may be –
- Attend a national or international conference
- Undertake an extended professional development study tour of an early childhood facility with a history of excellence
- Forest Kindergarten
- Sure Start Programmes
- U.K. Indigenous Education
- Early Childhood Education programs in Canada, Finland
- Enrol in post graduate study – Master, Graduate Diploma, or Graduate Certificate
- Enable release from current duties to volunteer in an early childhood education program of recognised quality
- Work as a volunteer in a community to give back and share learned knowledge and skills
A recipient of the award must –
- Be a registered teacher in WA or provide evidence of working as an early childhood educator in WA
- Demonstrate evidence of a high level of classroom or educational practice
- Completed a minimum of 2 years continuous service in the field of early childhood education
- Submit an application approved (in writing) by a current line manager or department head
- Commit to conducting a presentation at the EYES conference or regional seminar
- Submit a written report to the EYES Executive Committee
Administration of the Award
- The amount (up to $5,000) of the award will be determined by the EYES selection committee
- ALL travel and accommodation bookings are to be made via Events WA
Complete using the electronic form here
Closing Date: April 29th, 2016.